Voice-enable User Interface (V-UI) | Voice-enable websites
Voice-enabled User Interface (V-UI), I think voice-enabled UI is the future of Websites. I have been working on this for quite some time and created this short demo to demonstrate the technology in action. I would love to continue working on this. Used here is the speech recognition interface on the browser’s window object.
Demo URL: https://lnkd.in/dHGCXn2
I would love to read what you guys think and how this can be used. With each recent decade, we’ve seen a new form of human-computer interaction emerge and quickly become commonplace. People are now awakening to the vast potential of voice user interfaces (VUIs).
A voice user interface is a technology that allows people to use their voices to interact with computers and devices. Voice user interfaces evolve much faster than their technological predecessors—punch cards, keyboards, mice, and touchscreens.
As each new technology becomes capable and robust, it takes the bold, the brave, and the adventurous to show us what’s possible. Visionary developers in all fields, from games to brand agencies, corporations to startups, are embracing voice and paving the way toward fully conversational, multimodal interactions that extend to mobile, wearables, and even virtual reality.
What are the Benefits of Voice Recognition?
Some of the most prominent advantages of pushing voice recognition into prominence among businesses are:
- Flexibility – Voice recognition isn’t linked to a single device. Therefore, it can have a variety of uses, ranging from AI assistants to buying products and services using only voice.
- Ease of use and implementation– Voice applications provide an intrinsically comfortable, easy-to-use, and efficient way for users to interact with a computer. Plus, enhancing an already existing app with this functionality is not complicated.
- High-reliability rate and speed – Modern solutions can handle tasks with increasingly higher complexity while taking very little time.
- Hands-free experience – Voice-operated platforms allow users to navigate applications when they can’t do it otherwise.
- Accessibility for visually- and hearing-impaired – Many people rely on screen readers and text-to-speech dictation systems, so you will be able to ensure accessibility for a wider audience.
How to Implement Speech Recognition on a Website for Non-Programmers
It is impossible to implement a custom speech recognition solution completely without programming all services require a certain amount of coding to some extent. However, large suppliers significantly simplify the integration process due to a large number of ready-made plug-ins and libraries for any languages and platforms, as well as providing high-quality technical support. Here are a few providers to choose from: